During an asthma attack, thanks to bronchial smooth spasm, mucosal edema, and increased secretions, the formation of the trachea is incompletely blocked. When inhaling, the inspiratory muscles contract, the thorax expands, and therefore the air can enter the alveoli; when exhaling, the trachea collapses. The airway resistance is further increased, and therefore the air within the alveoli can't be fully discharged, causing the whole lung to gradually expand.
Long-term recurrent attacks will cause:
1. Proliferative hypertrophy of bronchi and bronchioles and synovial muscles, organic stenosis of bronchioles;
2. The bronchial glands are hyperplasia and hypertrophy, secreting an outsized amount of viscous material, blocking the bronchioles;
3. The cartilage on the bronchiolar wall is destroyed and therefore the normal stent function is lost. When inhaling, the bronchi dilates and gas can still enter the alveoli; but when exhaling, the bronchus is closed and therefore the gas can't be discharged, causing the gas within the alveoli to accumulate and expand;
4. Long-term gas accumulation, increased alveolar pressure, excessive alveolar expansion, reduced elasticity, and eventually rupture, forming emphysema.
1. Quit smoking in time. The nicotine and tar contained within the smoke are going to be directly attached to the airway and still stimulate the airway. Quitting smoking is that the best thanks to prevent the event of emphysema. At an equivalent time, avoid inhaling harmful gases and mud. If the work relationship can't be avoided, take protective measures to guard your lungs. the utilization of unpolluted energy in family life also can control the method of emphysema to a particular extent.
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables, including meat, fish, eggs, milk, beans, and buckwheat. Talk less when eating, breathe hard and eat slowly. If you're fat, you would like to reduce, and if you're thin, you would like to strengthen nutrition and eat less and more meals.
3. Acute respiratory tract infection is straightforward to cause acute onset of emphysema. within the remission period of emphysema, a mixture of Chinese and Western medicine is often used for conditioning. Pay more attention to weather changes and increase or decrease clothing to stop colds. Patients with weaker resistance are often vaccinated beforehand to strengthen their resistance before the high-incidence period of influenza.
4. Breathing exercise can improve the patient's respiratory function and capacity. Common exercise methods include flute breathing, breathing, and breathing exercises.
Patients who with a light illness can choose appropriate outdoor exercises. Relaxing and appropriate outdoor exercises can relax the mood, breathe fresh air, and adapt to seasonal changes.
5. just in case of respiratory failure, long-term low-flow oxygen inhalation is suggested for quite 15 hours each day, which will alleviate the event of the disease and improve the patient's quality of life.