As mentioned over, the partial pressure of oxygen in the air that a person breathes under normal pressure (1 atmosphere) is159.2 mmHg (millimeters of mercury), and the partial pressure of oxygen in arterial blood is 100mmHg. At this time, about 95-98 of hemoglobin is bound to oxygen. When the partial pressure of oxygen in arterial blood reaches 200mmhg, hemoglobin has each been combined with oxygen," an increase in the partial pressure of oxygen won't increase the quantum of combined oxygen. Still, the quantum of oxygen dissolved in the tube increases with the increase in the partial pressure of oxygen. When the case inhales pure oxygen (100 oxygen) under normal pressure, the partial pressure of arterial blood oxygen is 650mmHg, and the dissolved oxygen is2.0 ml. For illustration, in a hyperbaric oxygen terrain, the dissolved oxygen of arterial blood increases with the increase of pressure.
Changes in arterial oxygen dissolution
Ambient pressure breathing gas arterial oxygen partial pressure arterial oxygen dissolution
Atmospheric pressure (1ATA) air 100mmHg0.3 ml
Atmospheric pressure (1ATA) Pure oxygen 650mmHg2.0 ml
2ATA pure oxygen 1400mmHg4.2 ml
2.5 ATA pure oxygen 1770mmHg5.3 ml
3ATA pure oxygen 2140mmHg6.4 ml
It can be seen that under 3 absolute atmospheric pressure (3ATA) hyperbaric oxygen, the dissolved hydrogen in the blood is6.4 ml, which has exceeded the oxygen demand of the tissue by5.6 ml. The dissolved oxygen alone is sufficient to supply the tissue needs, and there's no need for combined oxygen.
Boerema published a paper entitled" Life Without Blood" in 1960. He used gormandizers for trials, bleeding from gormandizer highways, and replenishing liquids similar as tube and low-molecular dextrose from modes. When only0.1 of porcine hemoglobin remained, the gormandizer failed quickly. However, the gormandizers can survive, If the bloodless gormandizers are placed in the 3ATA hyperbaric oxygen chamber. At this time, the gormandizer's electrocardiogram didn't show coronary ischemia, indicating that in the 3ATA hyperbaric oxygen terrain, the oxygen dissolved in the blood is sufficient to supply apkins and can temporarily sustain life.
The medium of hyperbaric oxygen treatment
(1) Increase the partial pressure of blood oxygen and increase the blood oxygen content as mentioned over, when the case is under 3ATA hyperbaric oxygen, the arterial blood oxygen partial pressure can reach 2140mmHg, and the dissolved oxygen in the blood can increase to6.4 ml, which is enough to meet the requirements of apkins. Needed quantum (5.6 ml). It's fully gratuitous to use the oxygen combined with hemoglobin. In this way, hyperbaric oxygen remedy during the deliverance of cases with acute hemorrhagic shock can snappily correct the hypoxic state of the body and break the vicious circle.
(2) Increase the effective prolixity capacity of oxygen in the tissue
(3) Increase the oxygen content and oxygen storehouse of the tissue
1. During hyperbaric oxygen remedy, the oxygen content in the blood of the whole body (including the highways, modes and capillaries) increases, substantially the dissolved oxygen. The advanced the pressure, the more dissolved oxygen.
2. During hyperbaric oxygen remedy, tissue oxygen reserves increase. Living organisms and tissue cells themselves store a certain quantum of oxygen, which is called oxygen reserve. Generally (at 37 °C under normal pressure), the oxygen reserve per kilogram of body weight is about 13 ml, and the oxygen consumption per kilogram of body weight is 3 to 4 ml. Thus, when the body fully stops supplying oxygen, the oxygen stored in the apkins can only be used for 3 to 4 minutes. Under 3ATA hyperbaric oxygen, the oxygen reserve in the tissue increases to 53 milliliters per kilogram of body weight, which is enough for the body to need for 18 minutes. Thus, performing surgery in a hyperbaric chamber combined with hypothermic anesthesia and gobbling oxygen containing 2 carbon dioxides can make the body Live for 45 to 60 minutes with no oxygen force. In this way, the time of blocking blood rotation can be extended from 10 minutes to 45-60 minutes during heart surgery.
Our 10L, 20L or more medical oxygen concentratorcan be used in hospitals.