Every year in winter, it is believed that some customers will encounter the situation that the oxygen production system does not operate smoothly. This is because the performance of the oxygen production system equipment will decline or the molecular sieve will fail in a low temperature environment. So in the cold winter or low temperature environment, what needs to be done to ensure the efficient and stable operation of the oxygen production system. Before finding an effective method, let's see what resistance low temperature brings to our system.
The effect of low temperature on the oxygen production system:
1. After the cold air enters the air compressor, a large amount of water vapor will be generated when it encounters high temperature, which will increase the burden of water vapor filtration in the post-processing of the air compressor. In addition, compressed air enters the production area through pipes, because the pipes may be underground or in the air. As a result, a part of moisture will be generated in the pipeline, resulting in a large amount of water, which will affect the use.
2. The oil circuit system is an important part of the air compressor circulation system. Generally speaking, during normal operation, low temperature is beneficial to the oil circuit system that needs to be cooled. However, when the air compressor that has not been started for many years is restarted at low temperature, the lubricating oil in the oil circuit may condense, which will cause the equipment to fail to work normally.
3. The low temperature environment will cause the molecular sieve of the PSA oxygen generator to fail, which will directly affect the oxygen production results of the entire system.
Air compressor protection points at low temperature:
1. Take cold-proof measures for the electronic drain valve and piping system to prevent moisture from freezing the automatic drain valve piping or other parts.
2. Keep the temperature of the computer room above zero. At low temperature, it is necessary to be careful to restart the air compressor that will be shut down for a period of time, which will affect the life of the machine. The air outlet is closed or adjusted indoors to adjust the indoor temperature; when the compressor is stopped or not running, it is necessary to properly activate the electric heater to adjust the temperature.
3. When off-duty or when the equipment is shut down, the drain valves of pipes, gas storage tanks, dryers, etc. are fully opened, and the condensed water should be drained off before closing the valves.
4. After the compressor is stopped, the gas must be discharged to the display to display 0.0bar and then close the valve. Open the automatic drain valve of the air compressor, air storage tank and dryer. Turn off after allowing air and condensate to completely drain. When the machine is shut down for a long time, it must be started once a week, and the above operations will be repeated after 3 hours. In cold and low temperature weather, you should always pay attention to the operation of the air compressor, do regular maintenance, and prevent the occurrence of air compressor failures to ensure the smooth progress of production.
Molecular sieve protection points at low temperature:
1. For the equipment with the air-cooled compressor and the oxygen generator in the same machine room, an air outlet that can discharge the hot air to the machine room can be installed on the air compressor heat dissipation hood (pay attention when installing on-site after sales). In winter, the indoor temperature can be adjusted by hot air, and the compressed air temperature will not be too low. As long as a suitable temperature in the computer room can be guaranteed, heating facilities are not required.
2. For the equipment of the water-cooled compressor and the oxygen generator in the same machine room, it must be ensured that there are heating facilities in the machine room to reach the normal operating temperature. Generally, the ambient temperature of the equipment room is required to be 15~40℃.
3. In the case of centralized air supply in the air compressor station, as the waste heat of the air compressor cannot be used, there must be heating facilities in the machine room, and the compressed air entering the oxygen generator must be heated. There are two heating methods: the compressed air can be heated by a heat exchanger, the water in the heating goes to the shell side, and the compressed air goes to the tube side. Such a heat exchanger is not a pressure vessel, no inspection, and no electric heating. Equipment costs and operating costs are lower. If the heating cannot be used for heat exchange, an electric heater with compressed air needs to be added. The one with a large processing capacity is a pressure vessel. Generally, the heating power is about 0.5-0.7Kw/m3 (air volume) due to the ambient temperature. These two heating devices for compressed air need to consider cost.
4. In the case of centralized gas supply in the air compressor station, thermal insulation measures can also be taken in the gas transmission pipeline and pressure vessel (such as laying thermal insulation materials on the pipeline or container, etc.) to minimize heat loss. Make sure the equipment is functioning properly and efficiently.